Sr. Software Engineer, Order Management
Discover It Here.
At Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook, we strive to empower shoppers through choice and discovery of the hottest fashion at great prices. At the intersection of technology, fashion and design, we value employees who have great in- “sites” to fashion and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Work hard and play hard in a fun, casual and collaborative work environment in the heart of Downtown LA.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Order Management team, you will be responsible for building the systems and processes to handle the checkout processes of Nordstrom Rack & HauteLook. This team handles transactions totaling over a $1 billion each year. Handling that volume of transactions comes with a unique set of challenges, from handling different payments (credit cards, Apple Pay, PayPal) to addressing the ongoing threat of fraud.
Engineers on the Order Management team will be expected to tackle backend programming tasks as well as possibly working on some minor front end enhancements for our internal tools. We view the software we build as a meld of user and machine. Our primary efforts for the next year will be migrating our legacy PHP codebase to a Scala platform, while still satisfying the product needs of the business. As in any large operation, there will be a smattering of other languages and tools you will be expected to learn and use.
A day in the life…
- Develop high-quality tested systems on a regular cadence which meet specifications
- Use continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Write unit, integration, behavioral and performance tests
- Partner with QA and Product Management to build systems that are pragmatically tested, maintainable and secure
- Embrace changing specifications to solve business problems
- Find new ways to solve technical and business problems
- Work collaboratively with other team members to teach and learn from them
- Mentor and provide guidance to other engineers, leading code reviews and design sessions
You own this if you have…
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years preferred software development experience with Scala, Java, or PHP
- Interest or experience in learning Scala and functional typed programming
- Understanding of source control systems, primarily git
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud platforms (Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with UNIX and shell scripting tools (eg. bash)
- Experience with SQL relational databases.
- Test Driven Design/Development Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred