MyLife is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer with strong Java development experience. This position is part of the Core Product and Platform Teams and fills a Sr. Software Engineer role with expertise in building scalable platforms.
As a senior member of our team, the candidate will be responsible for enhancing the company’s Java based web applications and contribute to our Platform team. The Core team is currently focused on enhancing the marketing onboarding flows for our suite of products. The Platform team is tasked with building out our Service Oriented Architecture and is currently engaged with moving our big data sets from Oracle to Elasticsearch. All team members must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding, good communication skills, and most of all, enthusiasm for tackling complex problems.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities with the potential of expanding:
- Hands-on coding: develop and maintain high quality code base, consistently delivering challenging, stable and maintainable projects on schedule
- Keep documentation up to date
- Research, architect, plan and test, the integration of system upgrades and the introduction of new technologies to existing platforms
- Stay current with new technologies, and industry best practices; particularly those dealing with Java frameworks, Design Patterns and NoSQL storage systems
- Researching and developing solutions to meet enterprise wide needs
- Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills; ability to work with various cross functional teams on multi-team projects (Agile/SCRUM)
- Strong sense of commitment and responsibility.
The candidate shall have demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- 4+ years of strong, hands-on Java, J2EE development skills
- Strong experience with Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Maven & Multithreaded programming
- Strong Experience developing RESTful Web Services
- Strong experience with O/R mapping tools like Hibernate or MyBatis
- Experience with relational database design, Oracle or MySQL
- Experience with application servers like Tomcat/JBoss and web servers like Apache/Nginx
- Mastery of object oriented design, design patterns, and programming skills
- High proficiency with SQL and database design (PL/SQL a plus)
- Working knowledge of Unix, preferably Linux.
- Experience in Lucene based search, either ElasticSearch or Solr
- Experience developing Java MapReduce jobs and executing on a Hadoop HDFS system
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies
- Experience with messaging systems like ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ or ZeroMQ
- Experience with building large scale, distributed, highly scalable enterprise server systems.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
What's in it for you:
- Great Base Salary
- Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Casual Atmosphere
- Amazing benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA and 401k
- PTO & Paid Holidays
As an internet company we provide a Casual work environment with Flexible Start Times, Breakfast Bagel Mondays, a fully catered Friday lunch and plenty of company parties to celebrate our ongoing successes and product releases.
MyLife is the only reputation platform focused on making consumers safer and marketplaces more trusted through proprietary Reputation Profiles & Scores. We are also dedicated to helping people manage and monitor their own reputation to help them look their best, personally and professionally, to the people searching for them online
The company was founded in 2002 and is located in Los Angeles, CA, and has over 40 million members. For more information, please visit http://www.mylife.com.