Route is a one-click premium shopping experience for online ordering, and the only way to view all of your online orders, from any merchant, in one place. Online shoppers can insure and visually track everything they order online in one centralized app. E-commerce merchants from boutique brands to household names can add Route to their website empowering one-click solutions for their customers for shipping insurance, visual package tracking, and one-click claim handling. With offices in both Silicon Slopes, Utah (HQ) and Santa Monica, California, Route embodies a creative lifestyle partnered with innovative tech to build a one of a kind global brand.
About the Role
Route is looking for backend software engineers for its integration services platform. These team members are responsible for building the various integrations that Route must connect to. They will be influencing the design of APIs and services throughout the engineering organization.
As part of a team providing core system functionality that other engineers will build upon, we are looking for engineers who can not only tackle tough technical problems but also collaborate and evangelize best practices across teams. We value engineers who can bring fresh ideas and are willing to own solving problems all the way to a solution. They need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup culture where there is a tremendous opportunity and the change that comes with it.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and improve backend software
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Embody a culture of innovation, transparency, and radical candor
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Interest and ability to learn other languages as needed
- Experience with one or more of the following: AWS, SaaS software systems, microservices, REST API design
- NodeJS experience is a plus
- Experience contributing to architecture decisions on systems with high security, reliability, and scalability requirements
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, etc is a plus
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.