Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Sr. SDET) at SpotOn
We’re looking for truly exceptional QA Automation engineers who are ready to tackle interesting and complex challenges.We are looking for a team member who brings the technical skills to contribute and to further develop our automated testing frameworks with a quality focused approach. The ideal candidate would be able to create test plans and individual test cases across complex and interdependent systems incorporating both mobile and web technologies. This individual should be able to write stable and reliable automated tests that execute test cases in a deterministic fashion. An innate curiosity, attention to detail, and a desire to experiment and explore new technologies are essential qualities of an ideal for this role.
- Write robust automation scripts using selenium with python
- Enhance and extend the web automation library
- Technical ownership of software testing infrastructure and integration with CI/CD
- Extend and improve automation tests for all existing systems
- Maintain/triage test failures and create a weekly report on health of SUT
- Contribute to performance and scalability testing efforts through automation
- Engage in cross-functional integration testing within technology teams covering multiple devices
- Provide the automation estimates to the team
- Research, develop and/or recommend tools to assist the team
- Scripting experience in python or any other scripting language
- Hands-on scripting/coding with automation testing tools Selenium, Pytest
- Experience with Git and CI tools
- Experience testing and automating secure REST APIs testing
- Experience in cross browser and cross platform testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
Nice to haves
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in building scalable automation frameworks
- API Performance testing using Jmeter
- Ownership - you feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "done" until you’re confident it’s correct
- Be a team player - you believe that you can achieve more on a team, that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; you rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Never stop learning - you expose yourself to the latest & great technologies and are continuously learning
- Be proactive - you discuss and make suggestions for process improvement on how to do things more efficiently
- Collaborate - you partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal
Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have over 300 employees dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly standups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!