Sr. Site Reliability Engineer at InStride
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and manage AWS cloud-based production system to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems.
- Troubleshooting: systems and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
- Provide architecture refinements, process improvements. Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Manage tools, systems and products including:
- Build tools (Make, Maven, etc.)
- Software Dependency Management
- Artifact Management
- Systems Architecture
- Infrastructure Architecture
- Previous experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
- Jenkins, GitHub Gitlab/Gitlab pipeline
- NPM (previous experience with Bundler, Pip, Go dep etc. a plus)
- 3+ years’ experience supporting large scale, global, high traffic and highly available consumer facing web applications and mobile apps
- 5+ years of systems engineering
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g., EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS, Lambda) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Comfortable leading multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Experience supporting SaaS solutions for large enterprise customers
- Enjoys leading, developing, and mentoring engineers towards reaching their potential while delivering high quality on time deliverables
- Experience integrating CI/CD (i.e. Jenkins, Gitlab CI), cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud), configuration management (Chef, Puppet), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), and monitoring (New Relic, AppDynamics) tools
- High affinity for automation
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- Detail-oriented with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies — strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations
- Must be an active team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working DevOps driven environment.
- Professional commitment to high quality and a passion for learning new skills
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society.
- Exposure to higher education institutions through direct experience and/or passion for the education space
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity and a “no job too small” startup mentality
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field and/or work experience