Sr. QA/Automation Engineer(SDET)- MyPlate
MyPlate is one of the top apps in the health and fitness space with over 500,000 monthly users and over 12 million downloads to date. We are looking for a Sr. QA/Automation Engineer (SDET) to join our MyPlate engineering team at our Santa Monica, CA office. The ideal candidate is dedicated, results-oriented, and a tenacious problem-solver. As part of our engineering team, you will help provide the foundation to provide stability for the variety of technical solutions we provide.
If you're seeking an environment where you can have ownership, continue to learn, advance your career, and have a direct impact on the daily lives of our users let’s have a conversation.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Manager, Software Engineering - MyPlate
What You'll Be Doing:
- Writing unit and integration tests for our mobile apps, API, and future web applications
- Participating in code and product reviews in our software development lifecycle
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and developing automated testing solutions
- Developing test strategies, create test plans, and execute testing methodologies from a manual testing and automation development perspective.
- Working closely with engineers to determine critical features and components to build automation
- Contributing to QA best practices, strategies, and methodologies with thorough documentation and instruction while defining and adhering to engineering and departmental standards
- Providing mentorship and education to peers in best practices and automation development in the form of 1-on-1 discussions, group discussions, or presentations and technical workshops
- Evaluating tools and processes to improve the quality of our software and team
What You Should Have:
- 3+ years experience in QA and testing in a software development environment
- 5+ years experience writing software development with most experience in automation
- Experience with testing tools such as Selenium
- Must be comfortable navigating in command line
- Experience in writing test plans, building test strategies, documentation and automation roadmaps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to communicate QA objectives, findings, and reporting
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
You’ll be successful if you can apply efficient solutions and utilize strong communication and collaboration skills to discuss, plan, and strategize towards the quality of our software and services.
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.