Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than eight million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
As the Senior QA Engineer, you will drive the testing of software that powers a major domain at Dave. You will influence and shape the automation strategy and coverage of the system owned by a squad, and champion the importance of quality control to the product manager, engineering manager, and developers in a squad.
We’re looking for someone who can work with their squad members to create a thorough and relevant test plan; identify gaps in testing, and collaborate with developers to create comprehensive end to end coverage for the Dave software.
- Work within the squad to write and maintain relevant end to end coverage for new and existing features.
- Participate in code review process with other QA engineers across squads
- Emphasize automation over manual testing in every sprint, and continue to increase coverage in existing mobile app regression testing suite
- Mentor other junior QA engineers in testing and automation best practices
- Surface testing needs, and collaborate with product, engineering managers, squad members to address tech debt.
- Triage and debug issues reported by users, customer success, and internal teams
- Work to build and maintain test framework for frontend and backend tests
- Help and support efforts in maintaining current CI/CD pipelines
- Participates in interview panels as needed
- 3+ years of automation testing experience.
- 3+ years of QA experience in agile / scrum environments
- 3+ years of experience testing web and mobile (iOS and Android) applications
- Experience using Git, GitHub, and Jira
- Experience writing test cases and using test case management software (TestRail)
- Experience using web debugging proxy tools (Charles Proxy)
- Experience testing APIs (Postman)
- Experience working in CI/CD pipelines, and can address issues if something in the pipeline breaks
- Comfortable using the command line
- Experience with building a test strategy for testing a micro-service architecture, pub-sub, 3rd party integrations based applications
- Experience with load/stress testing a major plus
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.