Sr. Manager, Offensive Security
Ring is looking for a Senior Manager, of Offensive Security to build and maintain the Ring Information Security penetration testing and red team program initiatives. This position will report to the Director of application and product security. They will be accountable for various initiatives surrounding product security, application testing, and offensive security.
- Will develop a penetration testing program for the Ring product and application security programs.
- Will work to develop proper threat models for Ring products and application services.
- Will participate in vendor engagements, providing scoping and technical details for assessment readiness.
- Will coordinate with Engineering and IT staff, to consult on information security remediation strategies.
- Will be accountable for the Ring product security roadmap and planning.
- Will aide in information security blue team alerting and qualification of security use cases.
- Will be accountable to provide clear metrics and reporting of latest risk and threat postures.
- Strong background in performing penetration testing, and/or red team engagements.
- Able to describe what attack patterns may be observed, given technologies used, and configurations deployed.
- Has a strong understanding of modern software development languages and frameworks.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of cloud compute, and ephemeral network environments.
- Strong familiarity with at least one of the following: OWASP top 10, DoD and NSA Vulnerability and Penetration Testing Standards.
- An understanding of common video/content streaming transport protocols.
- An understanding of HTTP, and the various security assessment technologies associated.
- Knowledge of Oauth2, SAML, and general IDP technologies.
- Experience leading small teams and mentoring junior staff in an open and positive manner
- Experience with data analysis solutions and SQL engines.
- History of build, and automation engineering and design.
- Experience in the administration and hardening the Linux operating system.
- 3 or more years in a senior of subject matter expert role in information security.
- 1 or more years as a manager of an information security program.
- Some background working with AWS and the associated services.
- Notable contributions to security or open source initiatives is a plus.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Alarm Security systems. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Read Full Job Description