Sr. Magento Developer at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is looking for a full stack Sr. Magento Developer to build new feature sets and integrations and resolve bugs on our global eCommerce platform. The developer will be responsible for developing modules and interfaces for our global eCommerce stack, standardizing and templatizing where possible, and will troubleshoot code related issues reported with our online stores. This position requires experience and skill in, among other things, understanding, solving, and developing for vastly different client problems/goals using a single set of underlying core technologies.
- Build and deploy new and cutting-edge features and interfaces for our Magento online stores, including Cart, Order Management, Master Data Management and associated systems & technologies.
- Build systems integrations with various other platforms (CRM, AdTech, MarTech, CTI/Call Center Technology).
- Write technical user stories and convert user stories into deliverables.
- Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks.
- Test deliverables against a user story's acceptance tests.
- Create technical documentation.
- Solid understanding of Magento, Shopify and general eCommerce technologies
- Strong knowledge of APIs, webhooks, and general data transfer approaches
- Ability to identify areas that can be streamlined or automated.
- Ability to write unit tests when implementing user stories and design and develop code for testability.
- Solid grounding with common design patterns and development best practices.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and execute tasks with accuracy in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Customer-first mentality with ability to empathize and create customer loyalty
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to perform effectively as member of a team, as well as work independently.
- Capable of effectively working and communicating with non-technical internal stakeholders and highly skilled technical development teams in an agile manner.
- Strong drive to continue improving skills and to stay on the cutting edge of web technology.
- Capable of learning new technologies and platforms quickly and able to apply them to solve complex problems.
- 5-7 years of experience working on the Magento 1 & 2 platforms, Shopify and other platform experience
- Knowledge of ecommerce technology landscape and associated stacks (shopping cart, API integrations, OMS, IMS, WMS, credit card processing, tax engine, digital distribution etc.)
- Experienced in:
- 5+ years Magento 1 & 2 backend and frontend development with a focus on backend, Magento Entrprise experience a plus
- Magento module development and contributor (Magento Certification preferred)
- APIs, web services (JSON, REST, SOAP) and third-party libraries
- Data applications using AJAX/JSONP with JSON/XML/HTML content
- Authentication and authorization technologies a plus: SAML, OAuth, OpenID
- Bonus Skills:
- Knowledge of AWS design and infrastructure
- Modern HTML5 and CSS Design Techniques – including responsive design and targeting different devices
- Experience developing mobile applications
- 2 – 3 years in an agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Experience with version control systems (Bitbucket/GitHub)
- Experience working within an Agile team
- Experience with a continuous integration environment
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.