We are an AI start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility. We’ve deployed to four metropolitan markets and touched more than 100,000 users across our business and consumer products. We’re rapidly expanding to new markets, building our technical capabilities, and partnering with industry leaders to positively impact our communities.
- Investment: Metropolis completed its seed financing round of $20 million in early 2019 and expects to complete a substantial round of funding within the year. The seed round included world class investors like Slow Ventures, Zigg Capital and prominent private investors in early-stage companies.
- Market Size: $500 billion
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary.
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited paid time off
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits
We are a tight-knit team with a vision of the mobility hubs of tomorrow. We started at a small garage in Venice and are now expanding to hundreds of locations nationwide. We bring expertise in tech, mobility, finance, real estate, and parking. We take risks, make mistakes, and challenge the status quo. We are inventors who wonder what could be.
We believe life should be fun. As a team, we host dinners, board game nights, company-wide trivia competitions, trips to new launch markets, group personal training and more. We’re all currently remote, and while the pandemic added a new challenge, we believe building a strong, connected team is foundational to our long-term success.The Opportunity
Metropolis offers an outstanding opportunity to be at the forefront of designing mobility for the future. Parking, last mile transport, transportation networks, autonomous vehicles, and even vertical take-off and landing — we’re building the infrastructure to support how people and goods move. We are growing fast and looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals to join our team.Position Overview and Responsibilities
This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
The company is seeking a Sr. Front-End Engineer to lead the implementation of its mobility apps, under the direction of the Director of Front-End Engineering. You should be passionate about building great UI and be open to the idea of using the right tool for the job, versus following the hype. You should be the kind of front-end engineer that cares less about the number of libraries you know and more about the software engineering principles that enables you to write code that scales. You will be required to work directly with the back-end engineers and collaborate with them to craft products that delight our customers. Your responsibilities won’t be limited to just designing and implementing the code. You will also have a big role to play in defining the direction of our product. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and you will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture.Key Responsibilities
- Architect, implement and maintain the front-end systems that make up our mobility platform.
- Be a key part of the entire development lifecycle, including ideation and identifying requirements.
- Set standards for team development by example.
- Mentor Jr. Engineers with constructive feedback.
- Evangelize best practices and mentor engineers as the front-end team grows.
- Moderate technical discussions, evaluate new techniques and ensure our platform is constantly evolving and improving.
- Leverage best practices in testing and deployment to enable rapid iteration and launch of new features.
- Help build a culture where bugs and mistakes in Production are treated as opportunities to improve the platform via testing and refactoring.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Front-end Engineer. Experience in high volume consumer facing applications is preferred.
- Strong experience with React and relevant frameworks.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and hire the best engineers.
- A plus: Proven experience launching multiple consumer facing native mobile apps.
- A plus: Hands-on experience building native iOS and Android web, mobile-web UI.