Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years.
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking for a Sr. Frontend Engineer to join our rapidly-growing team of engineers. This individual will join the team in building applications and developing our vertically-integrated solutions from the ground up. With a product-focused mindset and commitment to delivering the best user experience possible, you will write client code that interacts with our server and design and implement data models.
You’ll join a pod under one of the following business initiatives:
Supply Chain: Our goal is to optimize the process of picking up, storing, and returning items for our customers. We write algorithms that calculate the best routes to drive from our warehouse to the customers' location, the best way to store items in the warehouse based on their usage and dimension, and the best way to schedule appointments in the future and to estimate their duration.
Growth: Our goal is to accelerate profitable growth in the business to help Clutter achieve its broader mission. We impact the broader Clutter culture by focusing on experimentation, analysis, and innovation. We're building a revenue-yield management system that is integrated across dynamic pricing, promotions, and customer acquisition in order to create the best consumer experience for solving people's "stuff" problem.
Consumer Experience (CX): Our Customer Experience team spends every waking moment thinking about delighting customers. We aren’t in the business of meeting expectations - we want to exceed them. Our team has built multiple customer-facing applications that augment the Clutter service we deliver in customer’s homes. Unlike other storage and moving companies, we allow our customers to see their inventory, book appointments, and pay bills online.
New Verticals: Clutter keeps innovating. We built new SKUs from 0 to 1 leveraging our supply chain solution, such as local moving, self-storage management, item drop-off and 3rd party logistics. By spinning up new verticals, we are able to say YES to more customers and provide the service that fits different budgets and scenarios.
What you'll do:
- Architect, implement, and launch highly-visible internal and external features and web applications.
- Write performant and testable frontend code with an emphasis on stability, maintainability, and scalability.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team.
- Help shape the future of frontend development at Clutter!
What we're looking for:
- Fluent in current HTML and CSS concepts and APIs including browser support, accessibility, and performance
- 6+ years of experience or commensurate skill developing frontend software with deep experience in one or more relevant frontend frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Ability to get dirty with build tooling, deployment, architecture and other adjacent areas of development
- Bonus points for Ruby/Rails experience, a Computer Science degree, A/B testing, or open source involvement
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - you'll receive an initial stock option grant as well as the ability to earn additional stock options each quarter
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) - PPO, HMO, and HSA plans available
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly stipend for phone and Internet usage
- Equipment - laptop and headset for work usage
- Flexibility to work remotely from any state where we currently operate (CA, WA, OR, NY, NJ, PA, MA, FL, IL)
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.