At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role:
The Core Services team builds and maintains several critical services that powers multiple products and internal systems within GoodRx. Our tech stack is a mix of Go and Python and open source technologies such as gRPC, Gin, Protobuf, and Airflow, among many others.
We’re looking for an experienced and detail-oriented engineering manager to join our growing team. In this role, you will not only lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams in creating and delivering products but you will be involved in solving challenging technical problems. You will be responsible for managing project goals, contribute to core platform product strategy, lead software architecture design, and help develop and grow the team. You should have strong communication skills, both within the engineering teams and with the stakeholder across the various projects you will interact with.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong background in building reliable distributed systems, and have experience scaling low latency high throughput systems.
- Serve as an engineering leader and technical expert
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Work closely with other teams (Product, Ops and QA) to ensure quality and reliability of services
- Work with the team and other cross-functional leaders to define roadmap and vision
- Refine processes as necessary to ensure the team operates effectively
- Be an advocate for Engineering, help rethink, and improve processes and metrics
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as an engineering manager
- Proven track record of hiring, retaining and nurturing great engineers
- Strong knowledge of application design, development and operating critical infrastructure reliably
- Experience with at least one of Go or Python
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop several teams - local and remote
- You have experience architecting and implementing high performance and large scale distributed systems
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and your engineering teams on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.