Sr. Embedded Engineer
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking software engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
As an Embedded / Platform Software Engineer within the Ring team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative smart security devices. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. You will have the encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of customers worldwide. You will work closely with outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment. We'd love to have you join us and guide us to build the systems that delight our end users.
- Contribute to system architecture and development for new product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Work in a flexible and supportive environment to deliver high quality software
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and influence team members on their appropriate application
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building production software systems
- Experience taking product requirements and developing software architectures and designs to bring them to life
- Experience working with low-level hardware blocks and writing memory and power-efficient software
- Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software design principles
- Experience cross-compiling, deploying, and debugging software for low-level micro-controllers
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Familiarity with common micro-controller interfaces (e.g. UART, SPI, GPIO)
- Development experience on multiple platforms and mobile devices
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency in the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (C/C++, Java, Python) and open-source technologies (FreeRTOS, Linux, Android, Eclipse)
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Read Full Job Description