Sr. Audio DSP Algorithm Engineer
- Research, implementation and testing of audio DSP algorithms such as: Equalization Filtering, Echo Cancellers, Automatic Gain Control, Compression, Limiters. Implemented in DSP or directly in C as needed.
- MATLAB simulation and verification of audio solutions.
- Subjective and objective audio testing using acoustic test equipment, with aim of achieving the best psychoacoustic quality with optimal loudness and minimal power.
- Participate in hardware selection and specification of speakers, microphones, DSPs and power amplifiers, etc.
- Optimizing acoustic performance of currently shipping products.
- Participate in bring up of new SoCs, chipsets, sensors, and products.
- Deep understanding of audio hardware and audio DSP algorithms.
- Familiar with common DSP algorithms such as Equalization Filtering, Echo Cancellers, Automatic Gain Control, Compression, Normalization.
- Strong C/C++ and MATLAB Simulink or similar simulation environment.
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and Linux experience
- Excellent documentation skills, developing highly modular and extensible code with the aim of high re-use across a variety of platforms and products.
Additional Highly Useful Skills
- Familiar with audio and speech compression standards such as MP3, AAC, A-law, mu-law, etc.
- Familiar with audio transport protocols RTSP, SIP, etc.
- Familiar with Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) and TI’s PurePath Studio Graphical Development Environment
- Knowledge of microphone arrays and beamforming, noise cancellation, far-field audio processing, de-reverberation.
- An interest in audio analytics such as sound classification.
Work Experience and Education
- 5+ years of knowledge in Audio and/or digital signal processing required
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
About Ring Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro (HomeKit-enabled), Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com . With Ring, you're always home. Ring Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.