At Fair, we pride ourselves on shipping fast without sacrificing quality. The QA Automation Engineer, guarantees us this is possible with ample test coverage.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as a QA Automation Engineer, you will partner with our Product team to ensure software quality and expedite releases. You will provide coaching to Engineering to avoid QA pitfalls and manage the development pipeline as it flows to Production. Your goal: remove blockers to continuous integration and deployment!
- Expand our BE automated QA framework and infrastructure
- Create tooling that empowers all teams to write clean reliable tests
- Build QA automation for billing, accounting, and other backend systems
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Accounting to ensure data flows between internal and integrated systems
- Design and manage test plans; prioritize test scenarios to expedite releases
- Run versioned API test suites
- Give visibility to pass/fail reports and coach team through resolution of fails
- Promote best testing practices and tools that allow all teams to write clean, reliable tests
- Support frontend QA with automation
- Communicate with positivity and transparency
- At least three years in a QA automation role focused on APIs and backend systems
- Two years of experience as a software engineer or SDET (or a CS degree)
- Experience with QA automation tools like Appium, Selenium, Capybara, and Postman
- Experience with CI/CD systems like CircleCI or Jenkins
- query databases and read technical documentation
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Healthy work-life balance
- Equity incentives
- Unlimited vacation package
- Up to four months 100% paid parental leave
- Remote work stipend
- Employee referrals rewards
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Leadership, mentorship, and learning programs
It's Fair's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.
For written California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure notice, click here.
For audible California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure notice, click here.