Software Lead - Server Side (PHP, Golang) at Appetize
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:59 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Yankees, Angels, Eagles, Seahawks, Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo…the biggest names in entertainment are our customers. We power the tech behind every t-shirt, hotdog and drink sold at these venues, and at a global list of other clients that you just wouldn’t believe. Didn’t think Point of Sale could be sexy? Think again.
We’re looking for truly exceptional PHP engineers who are ready to tackle an endless, important feature list, and do it at intimidating scale. Imagine Lollapalooza or a hot Yankees game in the middle of summer if you couldn’t buy a beer…unacceptable. The stuff you’ll work on has a very real impact, and our customers will love you or hate you for what you deliver. What you build matters here.
You should be able to operate without much direction, but be excited to work closely with a team. We want developers who are opinionated about smart ways to build, yet humble enough to listen and take input well. You should want to take ownership of the features you build…you’re shipping to customers, not just completing story points. We’re looking for developers who care deeply about the quality of their code…it impacts your fellow devs, your company, and your customers. QA can and will help, but ultimately, you embrace the fact that the quality of what you ship is your responsibility.
For this particular slot, we need someone who will take on a leadership position--mentoring the team and taking responsibility for pushing forward. We need all that cool stuff above--plus your ability to motivate and hold accountable a talented team.
We have an incredible team, with a brilliant culture. Your friends will be jealous when you tell them about your day at work. What are you waiting for? Send us your resume!
- Build and ship clean, performant, scalable, secure, quality software that exceeds customer expectations…own your code, cradle to grave
- Take a leadership role using your previous leadership experience or the talent and knowledge that's been waiting for the right opportunity
- Work with Product, Quality, DevOps and Ops to ensure that we deliver the best possible customer experience
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues
- Collaborate closely with local, nearshore and offshore engineering and ops…we’re all one team!
- Adhere to Product and workflow processes, engaging with the team to make continual improvements
- Be a technical thought-leader among your peers to constantly improve how we work
- Be approachable and transparent, wear a lot of hats, and always be aware of the big picture of making Appetize great
- 5+ Years of proven software development experience in PHP.
- Full stack - back end through front end experience. React JS experience a nice plus
- Strong knowledge of MySQL.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Ability (and desire!) to write unit and integration tests.
- Good knowledge of version control tools, and experience collaborating with a large team of developers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Full health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Ability to go to sporting events and concerts all across the US.
- Unlimited vacation
Read Full Job Description