Software Engineering Manager
As a Software Engineering Manager on the Weedmaps team, you will be empowered to contribute to our growing set of products as a leader on our rapidly growing technology team. By employing cutting edge design and technology, we strive to deliver excellent experiences to all of our users. As the leader in this emerging industry, we are helping to define the market landscape. We invite you to join in that effort.
- Extensive web development and web architecture experience.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years’ software development experience at startup / mid-sized companies
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership / management experience
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to promote collaboration within teams
- Experience working with and leading remote based teams
- Strong ability to support and mentor team members to accomplish team goals
- Effective and persuasive communication skills at all levels of management, both written and verbal
- Experience working collaboratively at a high level with other teams within an organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience
- Ability to take a leadership role in an Agile (Scrum) environment
- Fluency using Git and GitHub in a team environment
- Familiarity with frontend and backend technologies and concerns
- Take ownership of significant features, driving them from development to production
- Collaborate closely with management of other teams including Engineering, Design, QA, Product, and Operations
- Lead teams of Senior level engineers, while coaching more junior level developers
- Communicate development issues, team challenges, and overall productivity of teams with executive leadership
- Deliver performance reviews for your team members and set up performance goals
- Manage and motivate team to accomplish significant deliverables within tight deadlines
- Influence quality and productivity improvements through involvement in the development of new and improved procedures, process innovations, training, and changes in corporate culture
- Cultivate a culture of engineering excellence at a rapidly growing company
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database such as Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!