Location: CA, MN, NV, NY, TN, TX, UT, WA
The Software Engineer will analyze, design, develop and implement a suite of APIs which are used by millions of consumers on a daily basis under the supervision of the Team Lead.
What you'll do:
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and produce well designed and tested production quality code.
- Participate in implementing highly available and elastically scalable 24/7 services in the cloud.
- Participate in the design and code reviews to help increase the quality of our products
- Supports existing systems while making contributions towards future architecture
- Interacts with business units effectively regarding requirements and specifications
- Work collaboratively on some development tasks and independently on others.
- Participate and collaborate with team members in the development process: design, development, testing, deployment, and documentation
- Participate in generating engineering test plans from functional specification documents
- Act as a mentor to other team members
- Participate in the development process: design, development, testing, and deployment
- Interact with business units effectively regarding requirements and specifications
- Work closely with the team lead, and may act as team lead or technical lead for a large portion of a project
- Work within a scrum team and follow SDLC
What you'll bring to the table:
- 4+ years of Python development
- 3+ years of Experience with REST API development.
- 2+ years of software development on cloud solutions (AWS preferred) in an enterprise setting
- Prior experience with Docker
- Experience with S3, DynamoDB, ECS, ECR, Kinesis, API Gateway, CloudWatch, and Elastic Cache (or equivalents).
- Understanding of development best practices and standards (test-driven development, design patterns, coding standards, etc.).
- Fluent in SQL.
- A solid grounding in version control and experience working with a team using Git.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Good understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
- Basic familiarity with Linux and knowledge of basic Linux system administration tasks
- Self-learner with good problem-solving skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
Nice to have:
- FastAPI is a PLUS!
- Developing in a microservices-based environment
- Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code languages
- Experience with high volume web services. Caching, distributed processing, replication and performance profiling.
- Sagemaker, ML CI/CD, is a PLUS!
- Experience with AWS Glue, Kubernetes, Athena, and AWS Step Functions.
- Familiarity with noSQL options, and their pros and cons (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc)