The Company –
LeapTheory is a fast-growing marketing technology start up in the financial services industry located on San Vicente blvd in Brentwood, Los Angeles. We pride ourselves in having a friendly and family-oriented culture with an emphasis on work life balance. Our founding team has a track record of proven success in the industry and are excited to bring in new entrepreneurially minded developers to add to our team.
As a software engineer for LeapTheory, you represent the backbone of the business and have the potential to have an incredible impact on the bottom line of a quickly growing startup. Our current stack primarily uses PHP, Vue/Js, MySQL/ Percona, NGINX stack.
The Position -
LeapTheory is looking for a team-oriented software engineer to our development team.
Primary responsibilities will include –
- Work directly with the CTO and the executive team to execute and develop technical features to match business requirements
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Assist with the product lifecycle, from specifications through QA
- Collaborate with the team to find and fix bugs.
- Knowing when to put in a quick hacked solution or re-write something so it's write the first time
- Wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced and exciting environment
The Qualifications -
The rock-star candidate we are looking for should have the following qualifications -
- 3+ Experience with MVC enterprise PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, etc…)
- 1 + Experience with js frameworks like Vue, React, Angular, etc.. is a plus
- 3+ years experience with MySQL (experience with percona is a plus)
- Experience with lead generation, online marketing or online finance is a major plus
- Excellent communication skills
- University degree in computer science, engineering, or similar is preferred
- 3+ years experience in a technical position
- Enjoys working in a start-up environment that can be fast paced and enjoys learning new things
Why Join LeapTheory?
You can be involved in a fast growing, small and tightly knit team with a great and inclusive culture. On top of great work perks like a fully stocked kitchen, weekly provided lunches, health insurance plans, and an emphasis to reward great work, we also offer a truly engrossing work environment for an entrepreneurially focused developer. We work with large scale systems and an ever changing business landscape that makes every day interesting. If you appreciate new challenges and have always wanted the freedom to think outside of the box and have a closeness to the business you ordinarily wouldn't get with larger teams, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!