Software Engineer at SNACKNATION
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:38 a.m. (PST) on Monday, December 9, 2019
Do you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Los Angeles, disrupting the massive $635B consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry? If you answered yes, this just might be the most important job description you’ll ever read.
Who are we?
At SnackNation, our mission is to help consumers discover healthy alternatives and inspire conscious eating decisions. We’re building a data and insights platform that knows what you should eat, and when you should eat it. We help the clean, emerging snack brands we partner with, understand their consumer base with rapid and relevant feedback. To see our vision thru, our engineers are responsible for aggregating millions of consumer data points to build world-class predictive systems, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more!
Who are you?
You’re a highly skilled, and motivated technologist looking for a new, exciting project that will challenge you to become a better engineer while also helping millions of people across America live healthier.
With a deep understanding of software technologies, you’ll leverage your technical expertise to architecture, frameworks, performance, automated testing, monitoring, and more. Working closely with the rest of our engineering team, you’ll assist in creating the foundation for how we build data-driven applications, tools, and experiences for our subscribers, brands, and employees.
What You'll Do:
- “The Netflix for Snacks.” We’re building the most advanced “personalized snacking experience” in the industry which means we need your help to build a cutting edge recommendation engine using machine learning techniques to really understand our consumers’ preferences.
- “The Master Key for Brands.” Our proprietary data & insights SaaS platform unlocks all the secrets of what today’s snack brands need to succeed in the marketplace. The Master Key is an insights engine that combines consumer data, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics to provide real-time intelligence from target consumers which helps CPG brands improve their product, stay competitive, and grow.
- “Robots Talking to Robots.” We’re building a rules-based decision engine that optimizes groupings of shipments and forecast just-in-time inventory so that customers can get ultra-customized snack curations (to be packed by robots).
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with databases and data modeling using MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience building microservices and APIs
- You seek perpetual growth
- Communication, positive and team-centric
Perks & Benefits
- Employee Stock Options
- Paid Time Off
- Discretionary continual education budget
- Company Subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Retreats
- Dog Friendly
Our Tech Stack
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
We exist to inspire more conscious food decisions by connecting healthier brands with engaged consumers through a smart marketplace. SnackNation cares about making a positive impact on the world, with a wellness-minded culture and values.
We look for people who aren't afraid to be themselves. Because that's our vibe. Whether it's health or sales goals, our mantra is Better Every Day. In fact, we offer meditation, yoga and bootcamp during work hours, not after. For every sale, we donate to Feeding America. We’ve donated more than THREE MILLION meals to food banks all across America!
Since launching in 2014, we’ve grown tremendously. In fact, SnackNation was just ranked #24 on Inc 5000’s 2018 list and the 2nd fastest growing company in LA! SnackNation also has the backing of VC firms like 3L Capital and have received press accolades in INC, Great Place to Work, Forbes. See here for more press mentions.
Read Full Job Description