Software Engineer, Web
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.WHAT WE DO
Postmates relies heavily on our engineering team to realize this vision. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates is a three-part balancing act connecting customers, merchants, and couriers in real-time. If any piece is out of whack, the whole system suffers. Working with the Postmates engineering team offers an opportunity with explosive growth, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter, and a cool user-focused product vision.
Web Engineers will work on 3 apps here at Postmates: the Buyer, Fleet, and Merchant apps. We are part of a cross-functional team, working in a fast paced environment with high impact, and are responsible for the end-to-end experiences across Android, iOS, and Web. We value and foster a collaborative environment where product, design, and engineering work together every day to build and design new features for our customers.OUR TECHNOLOGIES
- Client: ES6, React, Redux, Emotion
- Server: Go, Python, Node
- Platform: AWS, Google
- Build and launch consumer-facing features to millions of customers
- Tune and polish features to a high-degree of excellence
- Work closely with the design and product team to iterate on UI/UX
- Relentlessly optimize the web experience of buying with Postmates
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with web technologies and a passion for UX
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a modern web framework like React or Angular
- A deep understanding of the fundamentals of the web (REST, JS, HTML, CSS)
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) required
- You’re a self-starter and strong finisher
- You’ve worked at or started a small company where you had to wear many hats
- You write well and communicate clearly
- You prefer problems over tasks
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for employees medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 95% coverage for dependents medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs. (Salaried US Employees)
- 16 days paid time off and 7 days paid sick leave (Hourly US Employees; amount of paid sick leave depends on state).
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.