Fair's software engineers develop the next-generation FinTech technologies that change how millions of users access mobility. Our products need to reliably handle information at scale, and process millions of dollars. We're looking for engineers who have a passion to help build an outstanding automotive FinTech platform. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project to Fair’s needs with opportunities to switch projects as you and our business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to display qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, as a Software Engineer on the Engineering team, you will build features from scratch, integrating with 3rd party API’s, and controlling the flow of millions of dollars through our applications. You’ll work with microservices on AWS, multiple languages, and a great engineering team with a fun culture.
- Evolve the very idea of vehicle ownership!
- Develop new features, enhancements, and infrastructure updates
- Build microservices, implementing APIs, gRPC services, manage cross service integration testing and create fault tolerant services
- Work with multiple teams
- Work with job processing and message queues
- Implement distributed systems
- Deploy and monitor changes on test and production environments
- Participate in code reviews on GitHub
- 2+ years of professional experience using dynamic, high-level languages (Ruby, Python or similar)
- 2+ years of experience in professional software development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or mathematics or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional experience building APIs
- Familiarity with SQL databases and query languages
- Experience with ORMs preferred (e.g. ActiveRecord)
- Experience with building and operating software in the cloud (AWS preferred, or a similar cloud platform)
- Experience with automated testing (unit, functional, and integration tests)
- Contribute to and excel in a team environment
- 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Equity incentives
- Unlimited vacation package
- Up to four months 100% paid parental leave
- Remote work stipend
- Employee referral bonus
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Leadership, mentorship, and learning programs
It’s Fair’s policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Fair prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws.