Software Engineer (Remote + Relocation, LA -> SF)
“Top 5 Open Source Companies to Watch in 2017” - NetworkWorld
FOSSA is a fast growing venture-backed startup developing code analysis tools to help modern teams manage their open source dependencies.
Since 2017, over 4000 open source projects (Kubernetes, Webpack, Terraform, ESLint) and companies (Docker, Tesla, Mapbox, Hashicorp) rely on FOSSA in their critical deployment paths to automate license compliance, vulnerability management, software inventory and more.
FOSSA is an early-stage company backed by Bain Capital Ventures with affiliate angels including Marc Benioff (Salesforce), Steve Chen (YouTube), Amr Awadallah (Cloudera), Jaan Tallin (Skype) and Justin Mateen (Tinder).
To learn more about our engineering team, check out our Request for Teammates (RFT):
The Ideal Candidate Has
- At least 2 years professional experience building software.
- Familiarity with RDBMS (SQL, Postgres, etc...).
- Self-starter; grows with and interested in high degrees of autonomy and ownership.
- Open to relocation.
- Experience with modern front-end (React.js, Webpack, and friends)
- Experience with Dockerized workflows, Kubernetes and containerization
- Experience serving production traffic with Node.JS or Ruby
- Informed opinions about DevOps processes, package managers, and other developer tools
Super Bonus (One of any specializations)
- Experience building or heavily modifying developer tools (CI tools, code analyzers, etc...)
- Postgres / RDBMS expert, DBA experience
- Experience in building and scaling both cloud and on-premises enterprise deployments