Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
As a Platform Integration Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the software that integrates Anduril’s software platform with customer, and other third-party, systems. You will work directly with customers to understand their workflows and build robust integrations into their mission-critical systems.
The software you work on will be at varying levels of maturity, from prototypes hacked together in a few days, to long-term products that are maintained by a team of engineers. You will often be assigned more open-ended objectives, rapidly prove out the value of an integration by prototyping it with a single customer, and then productize and deploy this work to the rest of Anduril’s customers.
Working with a cross-functional team of engineers and non-technical people, including fellow Platform Software Engineers, Virtual Reality Engineers, Hardware Engineers, and Mission Operation Specialists, you will help define what success looks like with our customers. As an early member of the team, the decisions you make today will have a large impact on the company and our customers both now, and into the future!
- Own the design, development, testing, and deployment of software that integrates the Lattice platform with existing third-party systems. The software that you will be responsible for will be at varying levels of maturity, from prototype to production.
- Work and iterate on open-ended software problems with customers & other Anduril employees who have a broad range of technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to provide first-hand support for deployments and demonstrations.
- Prior engineering experience in the software industry, along with academic pursuits & studies in the following areas: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- A security clearance, or the ability and willingness to obtain one.
Ideal individuals should:
- Be highly autonomous and self-motivated - you will be given a lot of ownership over the problem and solution spaces, and so being able to work through problems independently is imperative.
- Have a bias for action - if you see a problem, you should want to fix it.
- A focus on achieving an outcome and delivering a working end-to-end system.
Technologies we use:
- A variety of programming languages including Go, C++, Rust, and Typescript.
- Open source technologies such as gRPC, FoundationDB, NixOS, and React.
- We deliver software to devices running Intel x86 and ARM CPUs, as well as to hardware running in the AWS cloud.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!