Software Engineer - New Graduate
Greater LA Area
With over 7 million members and more than 400,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Our Backend Engineering team builds and maintains the core services of our platform, which serve as the backbone for all of our web, mobile, and internal applications.
We are looking for an Associate-Level Engineer with high potential to help implement new features in one of our many backend applications. As an entry-level contributor on a small team, you will learn and demonstrate the development practices and philosophies required to support both a monolithic Ruby on Rails app at the heart of the business and out a new, more scalable service-driven architecture.
As an Associate-Level Engineer, you’re expected to:
- Learn, adopt, and demonstrate GOAT’s development practices and philosophies
- Implement discrete changes and features, often within a single application or codebase
- Write code that is correct, readable, efficient, and consistent with existing patterns
- Ensure that your contributions are maintainable, stable, well-tested, and on-time
- Support in troubleshooting issues and bugs, particularly related to changes you have made
- Communicate clearly with other engineers and product managers
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team
We’re looking for:
- BS degree in a relevant technical field preferred
- 1 years of internship experience developing in Ruby, PHP, Java, Python, or Go
- Internship experience with common web application patterns and frameworks (Rails, Symfony, Spring, etc.)
- Experience developing features in an agile, product-driven workflow -- QA, Analytics, Product, Frontend and Mobile engineers
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description