Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in networking, artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and its allies. We are extraordinary problem solvers, teammates, get-stuff-done-ers, and people who care deeply about our work. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
About the role:
Anduril is developing a fleet of autonomous robots to tackle the most significant security challenges faced by America and its allies. The networking software team develops infrastructure that allows these robots to communicate with each other over a globally connected mesh network. Projects the networking team work on include implementing protocols to optimize routing between assets, designing L2/L3 overlays on top of heterogeneous physical networks and encrypting data sent throughout the network.
Our software must function in highly dynamic and adversarial environments where nodes have varying states of link quality, frequently changing network topologies and are under constant threat of interference ranging from electronic warfare to physical destruction. In addition, our assets are deployed to austere combat zones which do not have the well-developed network infrastructure which most network solutions rely on. The networking team’s challenge is to provide networking infrastructure in these challenging environments that still meets our high standards of reliability, speed and security.
Members of this team are responsible for the full lifecycle of software development projects from architectural design, implementation, packaging, automated testing, field testing, debug tooling, deployment support, and ongoing maintenance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, implement and deploy L2 and L3 mesh networks
- Craft and implement networking protocols
- Develop, optimize and support software to manage networking hardware
- Work directly with customers and product teams to identify network designs and features necessary to achieve mission success
- Measure and improve system performance
- Create diagnostic, testing, and simulation tools
- Review and improve product security
- Debug issues at all layers of the stack from low level kernel bugs to cloud networking issues
- Interest in a broad variety of computer networking topics
- Excellent algorithmic problem solving abilities
- Willingness to own software across its entire lifecycle from design to deployment
- Experience or interest in any of: computer networking, routing protocols, time sync, IPsec/MACsec, systems performance, Rust, Go, Linux
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!
In accordance with requirements on Anduril as a federal contractor under Executive Order 14042, new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination or exempt status prior to starting employment.