Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have a real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Software engineers at Anduril build the systems that run on our autonomous assets, the networking and backend services that integrate large amounts of sensor data, and the user interfaces that display that data in real time. We believe in having minimal separation between engineers and our users as well as between engineering teams. As a Software Engineer, you will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Anduril has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for ownership.
Anduril’s Mission Autonomy team develops intelligent autonomous behaviors for groups of distributed assets, both Anduril-fielded products, as well as third-party integrations. These groups, composed of air, land, and sea-based platforms, jointly cooperate to complete tasks, respond to new data, and allocate themselves in safe, strategic ways. The team implements algorithms to generate effective plans that consider everything from asset-task allocations to onboard sensor management. Pushing autonomy to the edge, these autonomous behaviors enable both responsive behaviors and on-demand vehicle tasking in complex environments.
This position is available in our Orange County, Seattle, Boston, and DC offices!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on challenging problems, collaborating across multiple teams to design efficient and clean solutions
- Responsible for software solutions throughout entire lifecycle - requirements, design, architecture, implementation, integration, simulation testing, flight testing, and deployment
- Follow an Agile software process, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Participate in bi-weekly demos, presenting new features to key stakeholders
- Triage issues, root cause failures, and coordinate next-steps
- Strong C++ knowledge, with an emphasis on real-world systems integration problems, including the full software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and iterating on algorithms in real-world settings
- Strong technical communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- A desire to work on software that has a real-world impact on the United States and its allies
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance, preferably Top Secret
- Experience in mathematical problem solving in areas including but not limited to: graph search, convex optimization, optimal allocation, and geometric methods
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated interest in AI/Robotics in one or more of the following areas: motion planning, sensor fusion, probabilistic decision making, computer vision, or machine learning
- APIs between assets and users: Protobuf
- Build Tooling: Nix/CMake
- Deployment tooling: NixOS/Kubernetes
- Python Proficiency
U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!