Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have a real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
SUMMARY / ABOUT THE JOB
As a software engineer on the mission autonomy team, you will develop autonomous behaviors and strategies for missions involving aerial and ground-based platforms. Our systems often operate in distributed teams, jointly solving tasks and responding to new sensor data while allocating assets and resources in strategic ways. We solve planning and optimization problems and deploy those algorithms on our fielded products as well as third-party integrations.
We apply discrete graph-based search and continuous trajectory optimization to generate effective mission plans and efficient motion profiles. Our planning algorithms must allocate multiple assets to accomplish collaborative tasks while remaining responsive to new sensor information and potential points of interest or user inputs. Our engineers develop reliable ways to handle soft and hard motion constraints in complex environments to reliably produce safe and effective behavior.
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in AI/Robotics in one or more of the following areas: motion planning, sensor fusion, probabilistic decision making, computer vision, or machine learning
- Aptitude in mathematical problem solving in areas including but not limited to: graph search, convex optimization, optimal allocation, and geometric methods
- Experience in C++ software development, with an emphasis on real-world systems integration problems, demonstrated in the context of internships, hackathons, or non-trivial projects
- High rate of learning, experience divided over time delta must be high, i.e. we expect more if you’re deeper into your career
- Passion for defending the United States and her allies
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
- Mission planning and optimization: C++
- CLI tooling: Go/C++
- APIs between assets and users: Protobuf
- Build Tooling: Nix/CMake
- Deployment tooling: NixOS/Kubernetes
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!