Software Engineer, iOS
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.WHAT WE DO
Postmates relies heavily on our engineering team to realize this vision. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates is a three-part balancing act connecting customers, merchants, and couriers in real-time. If any piece is out of whack, the whole system suffers. Working with the Postmates engineering team offers an opportunity with explosive growth, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter, and a cool user-focused product vision.
iOS Engineers will work on 3 iOS apps here at Postmates: the Buyer, Fleet, and Merchant apps. We are part of a cross-functional team, working in a fast paced environment with high impact, and are responsible for the end-to-end experiences across Android, iOS, and Web. We value and foster a collaborative environment where product, design, and engineering work together every day to build and design new features for our customers.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and launch consumer-facing features to millions of customers
- Tune and polish features to a high-degree of excellence
- Help define the strategic direction of our system and apps
- Work closely with the design and product team to iterate on UI/UX
- Relentlessly optimize the iOS experience of buying with Postmates
- Help with building and growing the team via hiring, training, and mentoring
- Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years experience in building consumer-facing, iOS applications with custom UI and animations
- Proficiency in Swift (preferred) and/or Objective-C
- Expertise with native iOS SDKs such as UIKit, Core Animation, etc.
- Expertise in iOS performance and optimizations
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of ownership and drive
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of code, systems, and processes through analysis and metrics
- You’re a self-starter and strong finisher
- You’ve worked at or started a small company where you had to wear many hats
- You prefer problems over tasks
- You’ve worked across the stack
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for employees medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 95% coverage for dependents medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs. (Salaried US Employees)
- 16 days paid time off and 7 days paid sick leave (Hourly US Employees; amount of paid sick leave depends on state).
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.