Software Engineer III (Ruby)
As a Ruby Software Engineer working with the Weedmaps team, you will be building software that powers the cannabis industry. We cover an array of users from growers to dispensaries to consumers and we constantly strive to improve the experience for each of those customers using cutting-edge design and implementation practices. As a major player in this emerging industry, we have an opportunity to help define the market landscape and we invite you to help in that effort.
The impact you'll make:
- Take ownership of significant features and drive them from development to production
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build new and iterate on existing features
- Help optimize existing code for improved performance
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Pair with other engineers regularly
- Cultivate sense of customer empathy to continue building an exceptional product
What you've accomplished:
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby and Rails
- Experience writing secure, RESTful APIs with performant database queries
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback in an agile environment
- Fluency using Git in a team environment
- Minimum of 3 years of software development experience at a startup or mid-sized company
What you will do:
- As a backend engineer on the Admin team, you will be working with the core of our business: cannabis dispensaries, delivery services, doctors, brands, and their product catalog and menus
- You will be working with a few well-tested and well-maintained Rails 6 applications. The oldest and largest is 8 years old, and is backed by PostgreSQL
- You will work with several other tools and services, such as: Elasticsearch, Redis, and RabbitMQ
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps team!