Software Engineer II - Media Product & Engineering
Leaf Group is looking for a Software Engineer II to join us at our Santa Monica, CA office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
A typical day as a Software Engineer II might include:
- Work with product and design team to create dynamic user interfaces and brand building features.
- Build robust, reusable and maintainable code.
- Translate design to code to produce visual elements for mobile applications.
- Work with frontend and backend developers to provide suitable user interfaces for web applications.
- Build scalable, isomorphic sites utilizing Vue.js, Webpack, and LESS technologies.
- Utilize Analytics, Chartbeat and A/B to test.
- Develop in an ES6, Node.js environment to create SSR, isomorphic websites.
What You Have:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree, or a foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related, and one (1) year of experience in the job offered or as Software Engineer, User Interface Engineer, Front End Developer or related.
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2019 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.