Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have a real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
SUMMARY / ABOUT THE JOB
As a software engineer on the flight autonomy team, you will develop autonomous behaviors for unmanned aerial vehicles, integrating with on-board payload, sensor, and flight control systems. Our aircraft operate in remote environments with intermittent user input, driving the need for reliable interfaces for command and control and reduced cognitive load on the user. We build reliable systems for airspace management (control areas, landing zones, etc), terrain avoidance, precision landing, payload control, and perception-driven control algorithms.
We develop state machines with traceable behavior to capture the correct modes of operation, fielding, and troubleshooting every day at our test site to harden critical logic. Our algorithms for control and guidance must be optimized for performance and latency on embedded systems while maintaining accuracy and precision. Our engineers develop robust ways to manage autonomous flight in complex environments while providing effective tools for the user to provide aircraft and payload commands.
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in Robotics in one or more of the following or related areas: motion planning, finite state machines, dynamics and controls, multi-agent planning
- Aptitude in mathematical problem solving in areas including but not limited to: graph search, convex optimization, geometric methods, and kalman filters
- Experience in C++ software development for embedded Linux, with an emphasis on real-world systems integration problems and difficult projects, demonstrated in the context of internships, hackathons, or projects
- High rate of learning, experience divided over time delta must be high, i.e. we expect more if you’re deeper into your career
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Passion for defending the United States and her allies
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance
- Vehicle and sensor autonomy: C/C++
- CLI tooling: Go/C++
- APIs between assets and users: Protobuf
- Build Tooling: Nix/CMake
- Deployment tooling: NixOS/Kubernetes
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!