Quibi’s engineering team is seeking experienced Android Engineers who are sharp, motivated and will help build the technology backbone of our service. This role is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to create and build the next generation in mobile video viewing experiences on the Android
What You'll Do:
- Build a brand new app from scratch; no legacy codebase
- Build well-architected components for complex and ambiguous technical problems.
- Design well architected solutions and build iteratively into systems while maintaining the best agile practices
- Contribute best-in-class programming and API design techniques to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products
- Unit-testing code for robustness
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Quibi experience for the Android platform
What You'll Need:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years in developing Android applications
- Demonstrated experience with Android SDKs, design patterns, clean architecture
- Understands Material Design
- Experience in or interest in learning Kotlin
- Experience with Mockito, JUnit and Espresso
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms
- A focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team.
- Love of owning a problem end to end
- Experience as a technical lead building Android apps.
- Experience with In-app Billing
- Contribute to the wider Android community via open source
- Experience with custom layout managers, views, animations and transitions
- Experience with video streaming