Software Development Manager, QA Automation
- Direct management of a team of QA automation engineers
- Ownership of web application testing frameworks, including test code architecture and infrastructure (AWS + Jenkins).
- Regular communication with product and engineering leaders to ensure all features meet our quality standards
- Establishing coding guidelines for automation tests, and enforcing these guidelines via code reviews.
- Maintaining consistent regression suites and alerting the team of regression failures.
- Mentoring QA developers in software quality, technical investigation of defects, defining clear test plans, and corner-case testing.
- The leadership of our CI/CD efforts, including the exploration and adoption of new tools and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years managing software developers.
- 5+ years of software development and testing experience.
- Solid foundation in object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures.
- Highly methodical test discipline, applicable across a full-stack web environment including UI components, RESTful APIs, SQL/NoSQL, data testing, and server-side model-view-controller code.
- Proven record of improving product test coverage and managing large suites of automated tests.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and Scrum framework.
- Experience with Selenium, Jest, BrowserStack, and Rspec strongly desired.
- Experience troubleshooting high-usage, high-throughput systems.
- Experience with client and server-side performance testing.
- Experience with web application security, both detection, and prevention measures.
- A team-first leadership style.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.