Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will be responsible for building an automated a test suite for our Smart Energy platform. You will work closely with the engineering team to drive quality, write test code, and build custom tools to mock hardware and software dependencies. Ultimately, helping to build confidence in our releases, and reduce the number of defects that make it into production.
Technologies we use:
- Frameworks: React, React Native, Rails, Airflow, Kinesis, Lambda
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS
- Datastores: PostgreSQL, S3, Redis, Mongo, Redshift
- Hardware: Nest, Ecobee
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Quickly get up to speed on the Smart Energy platform and identify a prioritized plan to ensure quality
- Take ownership of manual testing to validate the end-to-end Smart Energy platform during releases (involving thermostat hardware, IOT clouds, and our internal systems)
- Build automated test plans and integrate them into the software development life cycle to reduce manual testing and ensure confidence of each release going out the door
- Define testing standards, identify tools, and work with engineers build testing into the definition of done for engineers
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in quality assurance
- Minimum of 2 year experience in software engineering
- Experience working with IOT, smart home components (thermostats), Raspberry Pi, and other hardware
- Experience using automation testing frameworks, including testing end-to-end through user interface
- Strong analytical mind with meticulous attention to detail
- Familiarity with hardware, electronics, and wireless technologies (Wifi, Zigbee, etc.)
We don’t require experience with a specific language, but the ability to take on and master new technologies is a must.
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!