Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development.
Our Engineering team works on the development of the Viant platform in an agile environment. You would have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of big data systems, working with petabytes of data and real-time map reduce to match against billions of transactions in real-time. Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a distributed, multi-region, cloud-based infrastructure
- Write complex SQL queries.
- Analyze and tune SQL queries.
- Write ETL and ELT jobs using various tools and programming languages.
- Proactively improve existing code and optimize existing ETL process based on constraints of time and cost
- Design, develop, test, debug and deploy applications and reports using various technologies.
- Import and export large amounts of data in formats like CSV, JSON, XML, etc.
- Solve complex performance problems, architectural challenges and production issues.
- Work with product owners, QA engineers and fellow engineers.
- Follow organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
- B.S. degree in computer science or related fields preferred
- 4-6 years of experience working with J2EE/Servlet, JDBC, Python and Bash
- Experience performing requirements gathering and identify the requirement gap
- Ability to perform data analysis on incoming data from 3rd party and identify data issues by using SQL and Excel
- Experience in utilizing different methods to reformat data for better use
- Ability to effectively identify, troubleshoot and resolve potential issues and production issues in a timely manner
- Commitment to providing excellent quality products
- Strong analytical and logical thinking capability
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, a strong team player
- Ability to adapt to fast changes in product requirements and development environment
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.