Software Architect – ClubLabs
The Automobile Club of Southern California is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have over 15,000 employees in 21 states helping over 16 million members. With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.
We’re currently in the search for an ambitious, empathic, and collaborative Software Architect for our Insurance teams. The insurance team is responsible for the development of various consumer facing self-serve applications that allow our AAA members to obtain information and complete various transactions online. These applications will continue our commitment at ClubLabs to create viable digital experiences for our AAA members.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues.
- Interpret business requirements into technical direction and documentation.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our engineering teams.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives).
- Collaborate with various business units, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Perform code reviews and mentorship to junior engineers.
- 7+ years of professional development experience in the design, development, and execution of enterprise software solutions.
- Solid experience in implementing high performance, high availability, reliable, secured software, and know how to scale a system horizontally.
- Experience in one or more programming languages (C#, Java, Node, C++, C).
- Demonstrated experience in one or more modern JS framework (e.g. React or Angular)
- Database experience in one of the following: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
- Experience in hybrid On-prem and Cloud computing implementation and integration preferred.
- Experience in implementing OAuth/OpenID, TLS/SSL, and certificates.
- Experience in TDD/ BDD.
- Experience working in Agile/ Waterfall methodologies.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer