Site Reliability Engineer at Laserfiche
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), your primary responsibility is to increase the reliability and availability of Laserfiche Cloud, a fully-managed Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution for Laserfiche application customers. Excelling in this role requires a mix of operations and software development skills to build and operate tools to monitor Laserfiche Cloud, perform system maintenance, and deploy changes.
The SRE brings a mixture of distributed systems, networking, and systems administration technical expertise to bear in the development and operations of our cloud service processes, while working to improve the reliability of Laserfiche Cloud.
Laserfiche is the leading global provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. The Laserfiche® platform enables organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services and manufacturing—use Laserfiche® to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, security reviews, operations playbook development, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health, and design and implement health checking and performance monitoring systems.
- Implement system scaling logic that dynamically provisions resources in response to load.
- Design, implement, and maintain centralized logging and event management systems.
- Implement and maintain data loss protection and disaster recovery processes.
- Research, design, and deploy systems to monitor for and respond to security-related events.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field involving hands-on software development
- An analytical approach to problem solving and system design that anticipates potential points of failure and considers mitigations before incidents occur
- A relentless focus on providing the best experience for users of Laserfiche Cloud
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is strongly desirable
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies or tools is desirable: Chef, Elasticsearch, Consul, Sensu, Docker, Kubernetes
- 2+ years’ experience in an SRE or DevOps role supporting an online application or web site is desirable
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.
***Please note that this is note a remote role***