Site Reliability Engineer
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!
About the Team:
As a member of our team, you’ll recommend and implement changes across our systems and environments, evaluate new technologies, and contribute to our technical direction. We primarily use Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, Python, Node.js, and CircleCI and have a microservice-based architecture using Docker and running on Kubernetes. We value individuals who are curious, collaborative, able to communicate effectively, and passionate about open-source software and new system architecture trends.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to design and implement infrastructure solutions to improve the scalability and efficiency of Honey’s services. The ideal candidate should possess a background in systems and / or software engineering, automation, cloud computing, and build tooling, as well as strong problem solving abilities.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain the core infrastructure
- Manage, monitor, and improve highly scalable, distributed systems to create highly available services
- Collaborate with engineers in the deployment and scaling of new product features
- Investigate production outages, and help determine root causes / implement fixes
- Identify and automate repetitive, manual tasks.
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and responses to both identify and address reliability risks
- Debug software at the code and infrastructure level
- Plan for the growth of Honey’s infrastructure and help define best practices
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Experience with git
- Infrastructure automation
- Production experience with major public cloud providers -- we use GCP, but experience with AWS or Azure is also fine.
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Comfort with databases and in-memory key/value stores.
- Solid knowledge of Linux/UNIX and networking fundamentals
- Passionate about open-source software and the latest system architecture trends
- Curious, and able to communicate effectively
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with monitoring and continuous integration and delivery
- Monitoring: Datadog, Prometheus, or similar tools
- CI / CD: CircleCI, Travis, Spinnaker, or similar tools
- Experience with business continuity and capacity planning best practices
- Experience with Node.js and NPM
- Previous experience with GCP
- Experience with service discovery or service meshes
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.