Site Reliability Engineer at BlackLine (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
Get to Know Us:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At BlackLine, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
We are seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to lead the development of new Cloud native tools and services with extensive experience with deploying and monitoring Infrastructure as code (IAC) ,
In this role, you will lead architecture, design, build, and manage physical data structures designed for flexibility, scalability and resiliency to support current and future business needs of all the Blackline A ccounts Receivable products and initiatives in automated, repeatable way. Your role encompasses aspects of capacity planning, technical project execution, performance monitoring, site reliability, security and software engineering .
Tools and services built by Cloud Engineering will provide the cloud native foundation for future Blackline Products and Services . You will also design, build, and maintain processes and components of a data pipeline to support analytics, focusing on data quality and governance, pipeline performance, and best practices for democratized data access. You will also collaborate and influence across partner teams on design and architecture with our IAC principles and make recommendations for improvements .
If you're an expert in DevOps principles , Containers, Event driven technology, traditional data warehousing, ETL and/or big data pipeline and processing, you're exactly who we're seeking . Technical capabilities aside, if you're a self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big without overlooking minute details, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you're perfect for our team.
You'll Get To:
- Design and build Blackline's cloud infrastructure platforms using infrastructure as code methods to accelerate software engineering and data science teams ability to deliver new products and services
- Design and build cloud tools that democratize access to the cloud in order to accelerate software engineering and data science teams ability to deliver new products and services
- Improves the BlackLine SaaS service experience by discovering and highlighting optimization opportunities with existing code or architectural design to address application availability, performance, observability, efficiency, and security challenges.
- Develops tools and systems to automate the identification, analysis, and remediation of application events, infrastructure issues, or requests.
- Ensure compliance with centrally defined Security and with Operational risk standards ( E.g. Network, Firewall, OS, Logging, Monitoring, Availability, Resiliency)
What You'll Bring:
- Expert understanding of DevOps principles , Platform and Infrastructure as a Code concepts and techniques , based on Microsoft Azure SAAS and IAAS components.
- Strong understanding of Azure DevOps, Containers , Git, Jenkins, CI/ CD and available tools
- Exp ert knowledge and experience in monitoring /alerting and observability of cloud native applications and components within Microsoft Azure for performance, stability and security.
- Security and Compliance, e.g. IAM and cloud compliance/auditing/monitoring tools
- Proficient with Azure DevOps and a modern scripting language (preferably P owershell or Azure CLI & YAML ) for automation of build tasks.
- Experience with deployment methodologies, configuration management tools ( Azure DevOps, CI/CD, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.), and logging (ELK) and monitoring tools (A zure Application Insights , etc.)
- Experience with SQL Managed Instances and other Cloud DB technologies in Microsoft Azure. (Nice to have)
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases and/or Big Data technologies (Nice to have)
- Prototype, develop and apply software integrations based on user feedback.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks ( Azure DevOps, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines).
- Experience of building a range of Services in a Cloud Service provider (ideally Microsoft Azure )
- Able to carry out approaches such as risk-management, clustering, load balancing, disaster recovery and failover.
- Experience of Static Code Analysis tools, eg VeraCode , Snyk , Sonarqube (Nice to hav e )
- Conduct system tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, Ability to build strong relationships with Application teams, cross functional IT and global/local IT teams
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Working knowledge in IP and storage networking including SDN, Linux, application networking, DNS, SAN and hybrid technologies
- Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, Virtual Private Cloud, LoadBalancer , Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN such as Cloudflare , etc.
- Individuals who are motivated by enabling and helping others within the company be data driven
We're Even More Excited If You Have:
- Demonstrable Cloud service provider experience (ideally Microsoft Azure ) - infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services including Compute, Storage, SDN (VPC and XPN)
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and continuous testing tools
- We run in Microsoft Azure Cloud and rely heavily on Azure SQL Managed Instances , Cloud Storage and our internal ETL frameworks to automate tasks , Experience with these technologies is a plus.
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Automation scripting (using scripting languages such as Powershell & Azure CLI etc.)
- Server administration (either Linux or Windows)
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and tools
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
USD $113,900.00/Yr. - USD $175,900.00/Yr.
Pay Transparency Statement:
Placement within this range depends upon several factors, including the applicant's prior relevant job experience, skill set, and geographic location. In addition to base pay, BlackLine also offers short-term and long-term incentive programs, based on eligibility, along with a robust offering of benefit and wellness plans.