Over the past four years, Flowspace has created one of the largest on-demand modern omnichannel fulfillment networks in the country, powered by cloud and mobile technology. We enable hundreds of brands and retailers to dynamically store, fulfill and ship products seamlessly to consumers nationwide from +200 locations. Join us in our mission to transform a $100 billion warehouse and logistics industry. Flowspace is backed by Canvas Ventures, Moment Ventures, BuildGroup, Y Combinator, and other prominent angels.
The Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer is in charge of our core infrastructure. They manage our systems and services, configurations, monitoring, and ensure that our applications are available and performant.
While we're based on the westside of Los Angeles, we are open to hiring remotely (within the US) for this role.
What you'll do
- Manage the containerization of our Platform
- Lead efforts to migrate our platform to GCP, and manage the Google Cloud services
- Build and manage big data and data pipeline initiatives within Google Cloud
- Ensure all systems are monitored and alerting, escalation procedures are in place
- Build and run incident management processes, lead post-mortem efforts
- Remote position, but the ability to join the team in the LA or Cincinnati offices a few times a year may be required
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years of SRE/DevOps experience in a fast-paced SAAS environment.
- 3+ years experience with Linux server and container-based infrastructure, ideally using Kubernetes.
- 3+ years of experience with Google Cloud Platform, with experience creating data pipelines, setting up data warehousing, within Google Cloud. DigitalOcean experience is a plus.
- 3+ years experience with infrastructure monitoring solutions.
- Software development experience, ideally in Ruby on Rails, with hands-on experience debugging and optimizing production code.
- Experience with automation using Infrastructure as Code using Deployment Manager, Ansible, Terraform.
• Meaningful equity in a venture backed start-up
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
• 401K Matching
• A clear success path within the company. We want you to grow and lead with us!
Please note: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed or approved by our HR – Recruiting Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or offices. Flowspace is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications, that have not first been approved.
Read Full Job Description