Anduril is working to tackle some of the most important and sophisticated national security challenges. We’re building the next generation of technology that will aid and protect those who serve on the front lines defending the nation and its interests. Our mission is to develop groundbreaking technology that enables America and its allies to maintain global leadership now and into the future.
Backed by best-in-class VC’s such as Founders Fund & Andreessen-Horowitz, we are a team of specialists from Oculus, Palantir, General Atomics, SpaceX, Tesla and Google exploiting breakthroughs in consumer and commercial technology to radically evolve our defense capabilities. Our mixed hardware and software platform is used to empower people in life-and-death situations to make better decisions.
We are extraordinary problem solvers, teammates, get-stuff-done-ers, and people who care deeply about our work. We come from all types of backgrounds, and we are committed to removing any and all barriers that might exclude someone from feeling like they belong at Anduril.
Anduril develops sophisticated technology for sensor fusion and autonomous awareness across multiple sensing modalities. With a focus on redundant and highly accurate capabilities, a Sensor Integration Engineer at Anduril would drive development of hardware and software in fixed and mobile sensor systems, UAVs, and other autonomous platforms.
The role would include: driving the design and execution of sensing subsystems which includes selection of sensors, discussing multi-functional requirements with electrical, mechanical, software, manufacturing and customers and defining sensor interfaces and integration plans. A strong candidate would be able to lead out initial sensor bring-up, evaluate sensor performance at the subsystem or module level, carry out full system tests, and even analyze sensor performance from field data.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience processing sensor measurements from Radar, Lidar, Optical, or RF sensors
- Experience working with networked sensor modules via Ethernet/CAN/Serial and using interface specifications or protocols to collect and analyze data
- Experience with sensor characterization and analysis
- Experience with developing sensor integration plans to test performance, measure capabilities, or validate hardware and software against requirements
- Systems integration competence to be able to evaluate the impact of integrating sensors to the electrical, mechanical, software systems
- Comfortable analyzing data as well as developing analytical tools
- Proficient in data visualization and statistical analysis
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, C/C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analysis
- Foundations in one or more of the following areas and are interested in learning more: Derivation of performance metrics and analysis of system performance, EW systems interfacing, strong electrical and embedded systems fundamentals or autonomous systems
- Hands-on technical experience debugging sophisticated subsystems involving network microprocessors and software-controlled electro-mechanical devices
- Proficiency in production-grade C++ software development
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.