Senior Web Engineer (Full-Stack JS)
BLX Group is looking for Senior Web Engineers to build the foundation of our new digital operations team, which will become a key part of our business as our industry evolves. As an engineer at BLX, you’ll be working on new web-based systems to streamline our internal operations and contribute to the digital transformation of municipal finance.
BLX provides tax compliance, financial advisory, and investment advisory services to governmental and non-profit organizations. We’ve been serving the municipal finance industry since 1989, helping clients manage their tax-exempt bond financings from original conception to final redemption.
BLX is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, a global law firm recognized by Fortune as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” and the Financial Times as the “Most Innovative Law Firm in North America.”
Essential Position Responsibilities:
• Build and iterate on financial analysis systems that will become key to BLX’s operations
• Be a core contributor to the design and architecture of those systems
• Help develop coding, review, and test standards
• Collaborate with other members of the team and business stakeholders
Knowledge, Experience, and Education:
• 4+ years software engineering experience
• Experience working on small, agile, teams
• Experience writing backend services/APIs in Node.js with SQL databases
• Experience with a JS framework (such as Angular, React, or Vue.js) and associated technologies (HTML/CSS/etc.)
• Some knowledge of PHP is a plus
• Good communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
• Comprehensive benefits package including paid time-off, health, dental, vision, life, and retirement
• Paid parking or public transportation passes
• Daily catered lunch
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.