Senior Web Developer
Founded in January 2011, Fame House is an award-winning digital strategy agency with offices in Philadelphia, New York and Los Angeles that's built to uniquely serve the needs of the modern music industry. Fame House's early foresight into crafting services around the new opportunities of connecting artists and fans online led them to help establish a new key role within the music ecosystem serving artists alongside labels, management companies, event companies and agents.
- Create final deliverables based on best practices and approved specifications.
- Take direction, collaborate, and communicate effectively with all members of a team.
- Meet deadlines in an efficient and timely manner.
- Perform website maintenance tasks as necessary.
- Perform QA and cross browser compatibility.
Web Development & General Creative Dept
- Create and manage web development standards for Fame House
- Communicate web development standards to external contractors and review adherence to standards
- Scope and quote creative projects that involve web development, in addition to, consulting on creative pitches generally
- Execute web development projects for clients and internal needs
- Manage contractors to execute web development for client and internal needs
- QA'ing contract and internal web development work
- Collaborating with creative team to make sure web development and design standards + best practices are implemented in projects
- Communicate with clients as needed representing Fame House's web development services
Platform, Templates and Technology
- Help with vendor procurement as it relates to platforms or tools for web development
- Manage all hosting services for clients
- Oversee technical side of any template or platform development for Fame House
Technical Advisement - Internal
- Assist company with technical solutions, vendor procurement and general advisement as it relates to our d2c business (i.e. Shopify), marketing business (i.e. email marketing) or internal needs.
Technical Advisement - External
- Help day to day technical needs across all departments of Fame House - providing guidance, support and technical education
- Help Fame House's clients across all departments with problem solving and technical advisement as needed
- 3+ years of server-side development experience (e.g. PHP v.7, Ruby on Rails v.5, Java)
- Strong understanding and experience with SASS
- Experience with JQuery, JSON, and AJAX
- Experience with front-end build tools (Gulp preferred)
- Knowledge of Git / version control
- In-depth knowledge of custom WordPress theme and plugin development
- Experience with other CMS such as Drupal, Tumblr, and Shopify (theme customization and custom theme development)
- Experience and knowledge of mobile optimization and responsive web development
- Experience with testing and performance optimization
- Ability to create pixel perfect code from design
- Ability to create standard-compliant code
- Understanding of basic web design and interaction principles
- Organized and able to help manage technical projects
- Desire to be constantly learning and challenged
- Must have a passion for the web, technology, and entertainment industries!
- Experience with API utilization and development with various social media and digital music technologies including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, Soundcloud, etc.*
- Experience with hosting environments and server maintenance*
- Not mandatory but a definite bonus
- 3+ years of full time work experience in web development in an agency setting.
- BS/MS in web development or equivalent experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.