Senior Systems Engineer at LegalZoom
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:01 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality , and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
LegalZoom's infrastructure team is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure operations and maintaining the highest levels of uptime to support millions of users. Responsibilities include supporting LegalZoom systems infrastructure for high-availability and security, executing security compliance projects, and supporting 24/7/365 site operations. Our ideal candidate is an experienced systems engineer who thrives in fast-paced environments, enjoys multitasking, and is able to work independently or as part of a project team.
- Provide system services support at an advanced level for security compliance projects to include server hardening for PCI.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining administrative aspects of the systems infrastructure:
- VMWare administration including daily maintenance, building VMs, patching, etc.
- Windows environment including Windows 2003 - 2019 server, IIS, SQL, etc.
- Linux RedHat, CentOS system administration, security and support
- HPE Server administration (build/rebuilds, managing different "environments", networking, rack management, etc...)
- EMC SAN / NetApp NAS administration
- Administration of Microsoft Active directory / Azure AD (GPO, security, MFA, SSO, etc...)
- Utilizing monitoring and alerts systems - Datadog, Nagios, & Solarwinds
- Support functions in all company locations and data center co-location sites
- Perform analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design, installation, documentation and administration of data center systems.
- Serve as technical troubleshooter on complex system problems including working with vendors of related equipment and services.
- Maintain system health monitoring and notification tools.
- Maintain server infrastructure hardware including ongoing software/firmware patches or upgrades, and capacity analysis.
- Document system architecture and topology.
- Support end users as required to provide a positive customer experience.
- Assist with other IT related special projects as determined by business need.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relative to system infrastructure.
- Coordinate with peer and contract-consulting staff to achieve project deliverables and time lines .
- 5+ years of industry systems experience.
- Technical knowledge of client/server technology, server virtualization, networking systems & solutions, middleware concepts, IT security, storage/SAN management, mission critical/high availability concepts, consolidation, data warehousing, cloud computing and Internet technologies.
- Focus on Windows servers, Linux servers (Red Hat and CentOS), SAN/NAS Storage, and VMware management.
- Communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate with customers on all levels
- Conceptual skills: able to perform in-depth systems analysis, recognizes problems, opportunities or underlying patterns and relationships. Is able to analyze requirements and translate them into priorities and action plans.
- Team player: Ability and willingness to motivate and mentor other consultants, act as change agent
- Independence and ownership: Work with a minimum of direct supervision or guidance from others.
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity , equality , and inclusion , and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment . LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description