Senior Software Engineer at TeleSign
Location: CA, MN, NV, NY, TN, TX, UT, W
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will analyze, design, develop and implement a suite of APIs which are used by millions of consumers on a daily basis. In addition to acting as the Senior Software Engineer, you will also assume a leadership role as needed.
What you'll do:
- Be ready to roll up your sleeves and produce well designed and tested production quality code.
- Implementing highly available and elastically scalable 24/7 services in the cloud.
- Responsible for design and code reviews to help increase the quality of our products.
- Supports existing systems while making contributions towards future architecture.
- Propose and advise on technology solutions to with side-by-side comparisons between proven technologies to help the business evaluate options.
- Interacts with business units effectively regarding requirements and specifications
- Work collaboratively on some development tasks and independently on others..
- Collaborates within and across groups with little or no supervision in writing technical documents.
- Anticipate and suggests solutions to problems of significant scope.
- Generate engineering test plans from functional specification documents.
- Act as a mentor to other team members.
- Participate in the development process: design, development, testing, and deployment
- Interact with business units effectively regarding requirements and specifications
- Work closely with the team lead, and may act as team lead or technical lead for a large portion of a project
- Participate in the design and code reviews to help increase the quality of our products
- Participates in the definition and applying of the lifecycle of software process
- Generates engineering test plans from functional specification documents
- Work within a scrum team
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of software development on cloud solutions (AWS preferred) in an enterprise setting
- Experience with S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, API Gateway, Cloudwatch, and Elastic Search (or equivalents).
- Understanding of development best practices and standards (test-driven development, design patterns, coding standards, etc.).
- Fluent in SQL.
- A solid grounding in version control and experience working with a team using Git.
- Experience with REST API development.
- Prior experience with Docker
- Experience with Python and node.js
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
- Basic familiarity with Linux and knowledge of basic Linux system administration tasks
- Self-learner with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
Nice to have:
- Developing in a microservices-based environment.
- Experience with high volume web services. Caching, distributed processing, replication and performance profiling.
- Sagemaker, ML CI/CD is a PLUS!
- Experience with AWS Glue, Kubernetes, Athena, and AWS Step Functions.
- Familiarity with noSQL options, and their pros and cons (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc)
- An impressive github profile
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)