About This Role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team here at Emotive. This person has to love the startup grind and hustle of getting things done quickly, but also without sacrificing the longevity of the technology. We are looking for true owners who are looking to build, not only new and interesting technology, but also a world class technology company. This comes along with mentoring less experienced engineers, interviewing candidates, and selflessly doing whatever it takes to move the company forward. In some cases dealing with customers :) Most importantly, we want someone who has a 10X mindset, not 10%. We strive for bigger and better here and it's important to the company that you do too.
How You Will Contribute:
- Organize full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Work alongside and effectively coordinate with other engineers on the team
- Come up with procedures and frameworks to avoid technical debt
- Create efficient architectural and database design
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Help other engineers excel in their job and in their careers
- Create amazing things that scale!
Skills You Will Bring:
- 4+ years' professional software development experience
- Significant experience in developing web applications using Python
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, NOSQL and ORM technologies (Django ORM, SqlAlchemy)
- Have experience utilizing cloud services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Experience utilizing telecommunication services such as Twilio.
- Experience with messaging Queues and task managers such as RabbitMQ, Redis, or Celery/Kafka
The Emotive Story
At Emotive, our vision is an internet that is more human. Since our launch in 2018, Emotive has become the product of choice for over 350+ eCommerce companies to drive more sales and build more personal relationships with customers.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built. We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed, with remote team members worldwide and headquarters in Los Angeles. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And you get to work on a product people absolutely love!
Emotive offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, 401K matching, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Emotive
Emotive is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.