Senior Software Engineer at Honeybee Health
Honeybee Health is a young and rapidly growing startup making a positive difference in the healthcare space. We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help build upon and improve our customer-facing products and back-office tooling.
Join a passionate technology team, responsible for building a cutting-edge service that transforms how people buy their medications.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a senior developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication skills.
A Senior Software Engineer will be expected to contribute to the product with quality code, design and technical input. You are expected to be a very knowledgeable engineer in the area of Ruby on Rails, React and data model design. Ownership across multiple projects and mentorship to other team members earns your path towards being one of our Lead Engineers.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code and unit tests
- Build and maintain features and projects in Ruby on Rails and React
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- Demonstrate breadth of knowledge in software development technologies
- Comfortable building and implementing RESTful APIs
- Ability to compare various languages and frameworks objectively and select the right tools for the job
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in developing software on Ruby on Rails 5+ and React
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in production a plus
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Local candidates only (we are unable to sponsor employment visas, sorry)