Senior Software Engineer at PeerStreet
PeerStreet is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help further development of our technology teams: Lender Experience, Financial Operations, and Investor Experience.
The Lender Experience team works on Lender Platform, PeerStreet’s primary lender side product focused on creating the best origination/funding experience for our lenders. It builds software that manages the loan origination process and helps lenders track the lifecycle of their loans.
The Financial Operations team works on our banking and transactions system moving thousands of payments monthly and distributing out hundreds of thousands in payments monthly to our investors. This banking type system handles all purchase, payment, draw, and distribution transactions at PeerStreet.
The Investor Experience owns PeerStreet.com and our institution investment. This team is responsible for our investors getting the best experience. They own many forms of reporting.
We use a 5 pronged structure of Product Manager, Designer, Data, Engineering, and QA.
A Senior Software Engineer on one of these teams will be expected to contribute to the product with quality code, design, and technical input. The engineer is the technical branch of our 5 pronged team owning technical excellence while producing expedient business impact. You are expected to be a very knowledgeable engineer in the area of web services, database/data model design, and front-end development. You’ll work hand in hand with your team’s tech leads to produce our software. We expect you to focus on delivery with the aim of producing impactful projects. Senior engineers are expected to be able to solo-lead projects and help PM & Design team counterparts in ideation, at times owning their functions if they need help. Ownership across multiple projects and mentorship to other team members earns your path towards being one of our Lead Engineers.
- BA/BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of SW engineering experience (ideal)
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience or experience in a similar scripting language (Python, PHP, Node.js)
- Demonstrable breadth of knowledge of software development technologies.
- Strong foundation of object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Comfortable building and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Strong grasp of front-end technologies and frameworks.
- Skilled at clearly articulating design ideas while being receptive to constructive criticism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands the balance between business and maintainability making the right call most of the time.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship (H1B transfers okay).
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively and select the right tool for the job.
PeerStreet is an award-winning software platform for investing in real estate debt, acting as a two-sided marketplace that serves both investors and private lenders. Much like Amazon and Airbnb have aligned buyers and sellers through their marketplace, PeerStreet does the same, connecting investors with unprecedented access to quality real estate investments and lenders with global, diversified capital sources.
We’re a private financial technology company backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Thomvest, and Felicis Ventures, among others. Founded in 2013, PeerStreet continues to grow at a rapid pace, and has already funded well over $2 billion in loans through our platform. We strive to ensure our best-in-class company culture grows with us by investing in our employees so they can perform at their best. And we walk the walk, with company equity, unlimited PTO, full health coverage, company-wide celebrations (in and out of the office), and more. So join us at our sunny headquarters in El Segundo, CA, and help us transform the real estate investing industry—forever and for the better.