Senior Software Engineer
In this role you will:
- Mentoring and pairing effectively with other developers and data scientists to deliver high-quality code, code reviews.
- Innovating technical design and systems architecture across services and applications.
- Establishing and reinforcing engineering best practices and company culture.
- Participating in the hiring process to grow our engineering team with an ever-rising quality bar.
- Partnering with product management and the business to define and deliver the ZestFinance product roadmap.
- Delivering highly available business critical systems.
- Increasing team skill level in areas of software design and systems architecture.
- Improving team efficiency and productivity with process improvement ideas.
- Partnering with product management to lead technical requirements gathering discussions with customers.
We are looking for:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience followed by 5+ years experience in a senior developer or architect role; Ideally, you have delivered business critical software to large enterprises.
- Hands-on coding experience in Ruby, Python, or similar.
- Experience designing APIs adhering to the REST architecture style.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot large-scale distributed systems (network analysis, performance and application issues).
- Experience with Continuous integration tools (e.g. Github, Travis CI, Jenkins), Amazon Web Services (e.g. EC2, RDS, S3, and Route53), Monitoring/alerting tools (e.g. New Relic, Airbrake, PagerDuty).
- Experience with Docker for provisioning servers and deploying applications/services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience, along with a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude.
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with yoga, salsa, and other employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen