Senior Software Engineer at Medely
About the Role
As a senior member of the engineering team you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in the company to ensure end-to-end strategy and execution. You are passionate about product craftsmanship and care about great design, not only in products and their visual presentation but in your code and technical architecture as well.What You'll Do
- Write great code, innovate and contribute to the analysis, design, critique and continual improvement of the site architecture, its constituent software components, process, tools, and methodologies
- Translate product requirements and technical designs into well-engineered, low-defect, robust code
- Research new technologies or methodologies that can improve the architecture, user experience, or development process
- Lead code reviews, troubleshoot systems issues and protect the code base and product
- Perform extensive unit testing, system testing, and regression testing
- Interface with team members to troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
What You'll Need
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ Experience using Ruby and Rails in a production environment
- Experience using a relational database system (we use PostgreSQL)
- Deep understanding of RESTful API design
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Medely offers a range of generous benefits and perks, including great medical, dental, and vision insurance. Team members can also enroll in our 401(k) plan.
- Our beautiful office is located one block from 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica.
- We believe that work/life balance is important, so we instituted three weeks of PTO days for team members, plus a day off for your birthday.
- The tight-knit Medely team can often be found together, whether at bi-weekly team meetings, weekly lunches, or community hangouts.
Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. The Medely team believes that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities
Medley does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency or outside recruiter without prior written approval from a member of the Medely Human Resources or Recruiting team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognized by Medely for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.